Before jumping into the 1903 DMB World Series I wanted to take a moment to point out some of the blogs that I check out on a regular basis, specifically the blogs that deal with the history of the game, as well as personal memories of the game of baseball.
In no particular order:
1. The Baseball History Podcast- This is the only baseball podcast that I listen to. It’s the only one that I know of that deals with the history of the game. Every week Bob Wright starts with a this day in history, and then gives a brief biography of a former player. His biographies range from Fred Snodgrass to Eddie Stanky. His latest podcast features Bo Jackson. He has yet to do a Bobby Murcer bio, but I’m hopeful.
2. Baseball Over Here- Despite being a Kansas City Royals fan, and despite blogging from across the pond, Ron Rollins loves baseball whether its played in Europe or in Kansas City. He doesn’t deal strictly in baseball history but he’s a great writer and a great promoter of the baseball blogging community.
3. Baseball Past and Present- Graham Womack blogs about the history of the game, as well as the current era, offering his opinions with a youthful enthusiasm that adds a unique perspective of someone who understands the importance of the history of the game.
4. Cardboard Gods- Not your average baseball card blog. Josh Wilker writes about his life through the baseball cards he collected as a child. He is a heck of a writer and should be a part of your daily baseball reading. He also just released a new book.
5. A Second Time Through The Order- Jimmy Moore just finished a replay of the 1967 baseball season and is in the process of deciding which season to do next. He is also in the middle of replaying the 1967 football season. Check out his site and make sure you vote for 1920 as his next replay project.
6. Play That Funky Baseball- A unique Strat-O-Matic replay of the 1977 season. Fresh off his replay of the 1924 season, Jeff Polman has begun another imaginative and funny replay using the power of the Strat dice. You won’t find anything else like this on the web.
7. Put-The-Tag-On-M- A relatively new blog that’s all about nostalgia. Rich Kenney writes about the baseball of his youth. It’s exactly like the baseball of my youth, and it just might be yours as well.
8. The On Deck Circle- More nostalgia and more baseball history reverently discussed by Bill Miller. A recent addition to my blogroll, and one where I expect to see consistently great posts.
9. Verdun2’s Blog- Early baseball history, exactly what I’m looking for in a baseball blog. He is currently highlighting the 1910 season. Now if I could only get him to use photos in his posts!!!!
10. Baseball Bloggers Alliance- The best baseball blogs covering all the teams in both leagues. Check out the list of bloggers, there is also a list of general blogs. Something for everyone’s tastes.
If you have any baseball blogs that you think might be of interest please include them in the comments.
Thank you all for some wonderful blogs.